Saturday, February 4, 2012

quilting webinar

I only just heard about webinars at Thanksgiving when I visited my daughter in Dallas and discovered she has a part time job for a webinar company as customer service rep and that her husband is a webiner professor for a consulting firm he works for part time. Webinar? What is a webinar. I am about to find out. I am attending an online quilting webinar later today. I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, I have been up since 4 am making log cabin quilt blocks. When insomnia rears its ugly little head, the best remedy is quilting. Fortunately I am mostly a stranger to insomnia.

Here is today's quote - fitting for someone who sews the night away

The heights by great ones reached and kept
Were not attained by sudden flight,
But they, while their companions slept,
Were toiling upward in the night.

by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

And here is my Roses at Midnight quilt
 

The roses in the picture window blocks are cut out of the border fabric and appliqued in place using a raw edge applique technique. I hot glued lots of diamond like crystals in the center of the roses to make them sparkle like the dew at dawn. It is a really stunning quilt. The pattern is available for download at: www.patternspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment