Wednesday, February 15, 2012

home again, jiggity-jog

Drove home from Athens, GA this morning. I love visiting the Cotton Patch Quilters. They are a great group of quilters. I was lucky enough to be there on the night the challenge quilts were due. What a great bunch of budding quilt artists, and some very accomplished ones too! The quilts will be on their website in a couple of weeks and I will let you know when you can see them.

I am getting ready to start yet another log cabin quilt. In thinking up another color scheme I spotted this photo on my desktop and will use it to provide my color choices. I grew up in West Palm Beach and the brown pelicans were always in the neighborhood. I really love that bird. I painted them in watercolors many, many times. Now I have designed a pelican log cabin layout and can't wait to make the quilt. Here is the photo that provided my color scheme.


It's just a thumbnail photo, but good enough to inspire a color palette. Where do you find color inspiration for your quilts?

No comments:

Post a Comment