Friday, July 20, 2012

Vintage Quilt top finished

I have worked diligently all week and actually finished a quilt top while here at Kanuga. It is made using the soon to be new Log Cabin Trim Tool Two that trims both a 6" and a 12" block with the same ruler. I used a prototype ruler to make the blocks. The actual production ruler will not be available until at least September. This is a sneak peek at what is to come. I combined both size blocks in one quilt. There are sixteen 6" blocks in the quilt center surrounded by twelve 12" blocks for an exploded barn raising design. I still have to find some border fabric to add to the outside edges before I can quilt it.


I persuaded my two granddaughters to hold the quilt for the photo. 16 year old Margaret on the left and 17 year old Madeline is on the right. The girls are cousins and have been best friends forever.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quilt and models holding it :o)

    Love the original 8" (just finished my first log cabin top using it) and this new size trim tool is on my 'must have' list...can't wait till it's available!!!

    ReplyDelete