Monday, July 16, 2012

Gather

Here is a community website I didn't know about, but Google alerts sent an email to me saying there is a review of my new book by a Gather member, Barbara R., who reviewed Sashings and Settings.


Quilt Sashings and Settings by Jean Ann Wright | Gather
The first thing that caught my eye is that the book is spiral bound and will lay flat and STAY OPEN while you quilt. This is always a plus in my...
bookcorps.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId...



Here is Barbara's review. I think she is my new best friend :-)

The first thing that caught my eye is that the book is spiral bound and will lay flat and STAY OPEN while you quilt.  This is always a plus in my book.  The second thing is that I already have a book that I love that she and her sister wrote, Circle of Nine.
This book contains a section on fabric and color and then goes on to show how to create several different blocks.  There are lots of pictures and the written instructions are easy to understand.  There is also one page on setting blocks on the diagonal.
The rest of the book is divided into sections:  basic sashings, block to block settings, diagonal settings, strippy settings, medallion settings and my favorite, Circle of Nine settings.  Each section has at least two patterns and one even has five.  There are  total of 22 in all.
Colored photos of the quilts are provided with each pattern and a paragraph about it.  Material and cuttings lists are easy to follow and the written instructions contain lots of graphics to make sure you are on the right path.  Any templates needed are provided at full size.
So, what are you waiting for?  Grab a copy and start making quilts!

No comments:

Post a Comment