Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Cup of Tea and Mystery Quilts

I like listening to books on tape when I am sewing. My latest book was A Bitter Truth by Charles Todd. It's a murder mystery set in the World War I time period. I listened to it because it is set in the same time period of Downton Abbey, a Masterpiece Theater series I love.

At one point in A Bitter Truth, the constable announces there has been a third murder and the body has been found on the grounds of the stately home of the main characters...all of them suspects. This leaves everyone speechless until a family member declares, "I think we all need a bracing cup of tea." How British! I travel to England often  (I have friends and relatives there), to know the English think a bracing cup of tea is the prescription for any situation, no matter how big or small.

This reminded me of a quilt I designed for Andover this spring. The fabric collection and the quilt are called Tea Party. It's a free pattern you can download on the Andover Fabrics website http://www.andoverfabrics.com/FreeQuiltPatterns.php


Here is the quilt....if you need a bracing cup of tea, stitch up stacks of them!

This posting is to remind you the newest Sunbonnet Sleuth Mystery series will begin this Saturday. Look for the shopping list and shop your stash or your local quilt shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment