Monday, May 31, 2021

Memorial Day

As always, on Memorial Day I want to remember my Uncle Ronald who died in WWII. He was my mother's only brother and I promised her and my Aunt Cleita that I would always keep his memory alive. I have registered him at the National Cathedral in Washington DC. They have a special chapel and a memory book for this purpose. There is also a wonderful WWII Memorial on the Mall in Washington DC, it is both moving and inspiring. 

Here is the only photo I have of Uncle Ronald. 

Ronald Perrine Havers

Pvt Havers was born 1918, died 1945 in Manila where he was buried. He was a member of the 129th Infantry, 37th Division. He was awarded the Purple Heart with 2 Oak Clusters for his service after action that resulted in injury during the battle at Bouganville in the South Pacific. 


No comments:

Post a Comment