Saturday, February 23, 2013

Idaho Excusion

On Friday I flew to Idaho to visit my sister who lives in Bellevue, a small town in Sun Valley. I barely managed to fly in hours ahead of a snow storm that hit Friday night. I am here so we can finish writing our second book on Circle of Nine Quilts "the sequel". It will be filled with lots of good things we have learned from teaching Circle of Nine workshops for the past two years, in other words all the questions you wished you could ask if only you could take the workshop.

Back to the snowstorm. Here is what I woke up to Saturday morning! We have to walk about 50 feet from Janet's house to her studio where we write and make quilts. This is the view from the house front door to the studio doors (the orange light in the photo). Crunch, crunch, across newly fallen snow. I walked it in my flannel pajamas with a fleece Kanuga vest for warmth...and my Ugg boots for really warm feet.


Later Saturday morning we left for the local quilt shop The Granary in nearby Hailey, Idaho for an all day book signing of our just published book, Log Cabin Quilts, the Basics and Beyond, and demo of my Log Cabin Trim Tool. We took along a collection of quilts for display. Some really intrepid quilters from Gooding, Idaho, were the first to arrive. They were loads of fun and the perfect way to start a quilting event. Here is our group photo. 


From lt to rt, Janet Houts, Jenny Koski, Jean Ann Wright, Pat Wagner & Jenea Swanson

No comments:

Post a Comment