Monday, October 1, 2012

Did I make that?

Taking a nostalgia trip through my computer files for quilts made years ago I discovered this quilt I made about 15 years ago...you know when country colors were queen of quilt-land. Way back then I was already playing with layouts for log cabin blocks and came up with this one. Could this have been a hint of books to come?


 I have made the quilt one more time...in bright crayon colors with a snappy Kaffe Fassett fabric for the borders.The photo of the new quilt and the instructions to make this log cabin quilt are in our new book, Log Cabin Quilts, the Basics and Beyond.  The book is presently in production (on sale December 1) and can be ordered from my website: www.jeanannquilts.com.

I am teaching a log cabin workshop at the Georgia Quilt show in two weeks and at the Houston Quilt Festival www.quilts.com the first weekend in November. There is only one spot left at the Georgia Quilt show and the Houston class is filling fast. Hope to see some of you in Georgia or Texas. 

1 comment:

  1. I had to chuckle because while rummaging around in my quilt storage closet last year I pulled out a bed size quilt I had absolutely no memory of piecing. It was pretty, though! It had never been used and ended up being given as a Christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete