Sunday, September 23, 2012

Newland Quilt Guild Workshop

I spent last week in Newland NC teaching a Lickety-split Log Cabin Workshop to the Newland quilters. One of the Quilters, Linda Covar Owens was my best friend in high school. She is new to sewing and to quilting. In high school Linda was really involved in dance and I sort of sewed my way through school, making my own clothes and designing and making the costumes for the annual school musicals. Here is Linda working on her blocks.



I had quilters in the workshop from very beginners to long-time experienced quilters. The best thing about using the Log Cabin Trim Tool is that beginners...



can easily use this no-math, no-measure method for perfect first-time blocks and experienced quilters...

love sewing a fast and perfect block every time. You can order the trim tool from my webpage: www.jeanannquilts.com - if you belong to a quilt guild in the southeast, I would love to come to your guild for a program and/or workshop. Information is also on my website.





I am teaching the Lickety-split Log Cabin Workshops Oct 18-20 at the Georgia quilt show, www.georgiaquiltshow.com in Duluth, Georgia and the first weekend of November at the Houston Quilt Festival, www.quilts.com. There are still a few openings in each of the workshops, but sign up soon if you want to sign up and start your way making stacks and stacks of log cabin blocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment