Your dog (or other family member) might like a nice warm double nine patch quilt too, so here are the instructions.
1. Cut (12) 2-1/2" x wof strips from red and blue fabrics
2. Cut (6) 2-1/2" x wof strips from gold fabric
3. Cut (24) 2-1/2" x wof strips from light beige fabrics.
4. Sew fourteen strip sets with 1 red, 1 blue and 1 beige strip. Recut the strips into 2-1/2" sections.
5. Sew seven strip sets with 1 gold and 2 beige strips. Recut the strips into 2-1/2" sections.
6. Sew two red-beige-blue sections to each side of one beige-gold-beige section to make a Nine Patch block. Make 30 single 9 patch blocks for the six Double Nine Patch blocks and make 12 single nine patch blocks for the sashings. Cut (24) 6-1/2" squares to construct the Double Nine Patch blocks as shown in the illustration.
7. Cut 17 6-1/2" x 18-1/2" sashing strips. Make 4 rows of 2 sashing strips and 3 nine patch setting squares.
Make 3 rows with 3 sashings and 2 blocks in each row. Alternate the sashing rows and the double nine patch rows to complete the quilt center. Add borders, then quilt as desired.
Quilt size without borders 54" x 78". Add 6" borders all around for a 66" x 90" quilt - great for a single bed or a winter nap on the sofa. Roscoe the rescue dog may be a miniature dachshund but he loves a really big soft and fuzzy quilt to roll up in.