Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Sneak Peek

Here is a sneak peek of one of the quilts in my new book, Log Cabin Quilts, the Basics and Beyond. It is a traditional, but little known setting, called the Echo Setting. I think the photo is beautiful and it is just one of many "glamour" shots in the book. All of the quilts in the book (20 plus) are patterned. There are also photo lessons showing how to make a log cabin block the traditional way and using my new log cabin trim tool. You can pre-order the book from my website: www.jeanannquilts.com. I have been told the projected shipping month is December 2012.

Although I chose a traditional setting for my "Funtastic" quilt I used contemporary fabrics, a collection by Marcus Fabrics call Spintastic. I made half log cabin blocks for this setting to add movement and excitement to the setting that can also be made using a traditional log cabin block. This quilt was lots of fun to make especially using the log cabin trim tool. And that's what our new book is all about, having fun making log cabin quilts in both traditional and imaginative and innovative settings.


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your two new Machines and future Sewing space. The best thing I've ever done is get all my sewing in one room.

    ReplyDelete