1. Sew 3 rows with 5 courthouse steps blocks in each row. Watch the orientation of the reds and blues in the blocks as you put the rows together.
2. Sew 2 rows with the flying geese and diamond bar units. Sew the courthouse step rows and the flying geese rows together to finish the quilt center.
3. Cut (2) dark black/brown strips 1-1/2" x 40-1/2" and sew to opposite sides of the quilt center. Cut (2) dark black/brown strips 1-1/2" x 34-1/2" and sew to top/bottom of the quilt top.
4. Cut the border fabric into (2) vertical borders 6-1/2" x 42-1/2" long and join to opposite sides of the quilt center. Cut border fabric into (2) horizontal strips 6-1/2" x 46-1/2" long and join to the top/bottom of the quilt top.
5. Layer the quilt top, batting and backing. Quilt the layers together. Cut (5) 2-1/4" x wof strips and sew together end-to-end for binding. Bind the outside edges of the quilt to finish.