Monday, October 8, 2012

A busy October

October is going to be a very busy month. I am teaching at two large quilting events. The Georgia Quilt Show www.georgiaquiltshow.com in my own backyard and the Houston Quilt Festival www.quilts.com in Texas. I wish I could rest...but in November I have a weekend at my favorite place on earth, Kanuga and then off to Washington DC for Thanksgiving and my birthday - both on the same day this year. I will be visiting my youngest daughter and her family...can't wait to see 5 year old Cymia.

Waterfall by Jean Ann Wright

In the meantime I am sending an entry today for a juried show to be held this winter in Mapleton GA for modern quilts. Not wanting to leave my Log Cabin Trim Tool behind, I experimented with piecing geometric shapes together then cutting the strips so I have pieced strips with little slivers of color mixed amongst the white strips. Then I made the blocks with the trim tool. Here is what I made....what do you think? Could this be a workshop for the future? Would you like to try it?

1 comment:

  1. I love Waterfall. You are busy. I will miss going to Houston this year and my birthday falls on Thanksgiving this year too. It is always a wonderful day with family and friends. I live in the Washington, DC area as well. How funny!

    ReplyDelete