Here is the big reveal....the Back to School Mystery Quilt. It's a school of fish! Directions to finish the quilt follow the photo of the quilt.
Cutting and Sewing Sashings:
1. Cut (15) sashings 3" x 10-1/2" (measurements INCLUDE seam allowances)
2. Alternate 3 fish blocks with 3 sashing strips to make a row. There are 5 rows. Note that three rows have fish swimming towards the right and two rows have the fish swimming left.
3. Sew the rows together alternating the rows so the fish change directions from top to bottom.
Cutting and Sewing Borders:
4. Cut (5) 1-1/2" x wof strips, sew together end-to end the cut as follows: (2) inside borders 1-1/2" x 50-1/2" and sew to opposite sides of the quilt. and (2) inside borders 1-1/2" x 40" and sew to the top and bottom of the quilt.
5. Cut (5) 5-1/2" x wof strips, sew together end-to end the cut as follows: (2) outside borders 5-1/2" x 52-1/2" and sew to opposite sides of the quilt and (2) outside top/bottom borders 4-1/2" x 50" and sew to the top/bottom of the quilt.
Binding: use same fabric as inside borders and cut (6) 2-1/4" x wof strips. Sew together end-to-end.