Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Sewing Slowly

At last I can sew again. I can take my removable cast off and actually sit at the machine for about an hour at a time. Stitching with a stiff and swollen left hand can be a little challenging so I am so thankful my 4" Log Cabin Trim Tool www.jeanannquilts.com can straighten up my strips after each round of four so I end up with a perfect block. This is the table runner I started yesterday. I have finished 12 blocks so far. I need 30 blocks.
I press my seams a lot so I can get a good crisp seam edge before I trim to size. I love my Oliso iron because when I put it down it jumps right up and makes a little hiss and squeak sound. I am trying out names for this project. They are, Along the Nile or King Tut's Table Runner or Cleopatra's Table Runner. What do you think, which name should I use?

No comments:

Post a Comment