Wednesday, October 21, 2015

A Jewel of a Quilt

For the past month I have been having lots of fun making 4" log cabin blocks. Hoping to have a ruler for this size soon! Here is one I finished on Sunday. It takes just 2 days to make one of these cute little quilts. One day to piece the blocks and a second day to sew them together, and free motion quilt it. I can try out lots of setting ideas for my blocks without a big investment of time or fabric when I sew 4" blocks. . The name of this collection is Joyful by Quilted Koala, and it is by Andover Fabrics - andoverfabrics.com

I named this quilt Gemstones because the colors remind me of sapphires, rubies and onyx with pearly white for the background. I had the black and white paisley fabric for the border in my stash. I think it makes a perfect frame.

Tomorrow I am off to Houston TX for the annual Quilt Market. I will be seeing lots of new products and I plan to take pictures of my favorites to show on this blog after I get home. This is going to be exciting.

1 comment:

  1. Great design and have fun at Market.Wish I could be there.Hope you sell many items.

    ReplyDelete