Monday, August 12, 2013

Hexies Rule!

Actually, it's a Hexagon Trim Tool. Works like the Log Cabin Trim Tool. I am so excited about this new tool. I am having so much fun making Hexagon quilts. I never thought I would say that! I have always resisted hexagons because of the "Y" seams that are required to sew the hexagons together. After making two small projects I have recovered from my "Y" seam phobia and I am making my 4th hexie quilt right now.

If you live in Georgia, come to the Georgia Quilt Show at the Galleria in mid-September to visit my vendor booth. Be among the first to see own and use a Hexagon Trim Tool.  http://www.sewingexpo.com/GeorgiaQuiltShow.aspx


Here is a quilt just finished. It's a wall quilt named "Have A Cuppa". I fussy cut the cups using the 4" hexagon markings on the ruler, then sewed two rounds of strips around the hexagons to make the 8" blocks. Using the seam intersection holes on the ruler I was able to mark the points where the "Y" seams make their 30° turn and it went together very easily. 


Hexagon Trim Tool - available October 1. Preorder Hexagon Trim Tools and patterns now from my website www.jeanannquilts.com or look for it at your favorite quilt shop this fall. The tool is manufactured by Creative Grids® and sold in quilt shops exclusively. 


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations,that`t awesome!
    Thi tool is for machine sewing hexies?The "Y" seam is a little tricky for me.I`ve never tried sew hexies by machine but hope to do it .

    Have a great show and hope you sell many tools.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosa, I did it all on the machine. The "Y" seams worked beautifully. The directions to sew them are in the Hexagon Trim Tool directions.

      Delete
  2. See you at the show! Will be in your Easy Peasy Pineapple quilt class.

    ReplyDelete