Friday, January 27, 2012

its a symphony

Today I got off to a backwards start, it has been one of those days. I went to the East Cobb Quilters Guild monthly meeting. The best part is the show and tell and the best quilt was designed around a distinctive cat fabric, it was very cool. After coming home, I had email and work to catch up before I could blog for today.

My quote for the day is by Blaine Lee, here it is:

The great leaders are like the best conductors - they reach beyond the notes to reach the magic in the players. 

I like this quote because I used to play the clarinet and understand about reaching for the magic within. Quilters do this with each new quilt. We reach beyond the fabrics, the colors, the patterns and look within ourselves for the magic of creativity.

This past year I designed a Log Cabin Trim Tool that is being manufactured by Creative Grids. I have been having a great time making Log Cabin quilts. This tool saves so much time I can make a quilt a week. It is amazing! I am so addicted to log cabin quilts and the many creative ways you can arrange the blocks to make a quilt.

Here is one I made about 5 years ago from batiks, one of my favorite fabrics for log cabin quilts.




No comments:

Post a Comment