Monday, January 30, 2012

Creativity

Today's quote:

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star.
Nietzsche

Here is an idea that gives me comfort! Sometimes thoughts and ideas pop through my head like fireworks. They burst forth in technicolor and from other direction. Some fizzle out quickly and others burn brightly for a longer time. The best stay firmly in place and become dancing stars.

I strive to make every quilt a dancing star, not all of them make it, they are good quilts but not great quilts. The quest for creativity is worth the effort.

Here is a quilt in two colorways that I designed for Marcus brothers that put my creativity to the test, and passed. They are free patterns that can be downloaded from the internet. The blocks are easy, the placement of the fabrics and colors was a challenge. I am more than satisified with the results.



No comments:

Post a Comment