Friday, May 15, 2015

Wiregrass Quilters - Albany Georgia

Here are photos from the workshop I taught last weekend for the Wiregrass Quilters. They have a wonderful big room so everyone gets a big round table for themselves unless they choose to share. This is the second workshop I have led for this group...a lively, friendly bunch of quilters who are a delight to be with. I'll go back anytime I am invited. I love teaching workshops.
Everyone was teasing Cathy about her chaotic workspace but it looks very much like my own sewing studio at home while I am in the middle of a quilting project.

Plenty of table space for everyone in this workshop space at Grace Baptist Church in Albany.

These two sisters often take workshops together. Note how organized their workspace is.

A group of blocks showing how different they look with each choice of color and fabric pattern.

Two blocks that will become part of a Carousel quilt. Blue and yellow always play together well.

An unlikely pairing of bold prints with a red, gray, white and a touch of blue.
 
Bold solids make a dramatic choice for this start of a star block.

No comments:

Post a Comment