Monday, January 12, 2015

There's No Place Like Home!

About 25 years ago I made this quilt. It was my first art quilt and my first strip pieced quilt. Then 20 years ago someone really wanted to buy the quilt. I didn't really want to sell it so I quoted what I thought was a hefty price - $400 - they would turn down. But they bought it! I had to say goodbye as my quilt moved to Chicago. I had even forgotten that I had named the quilt Midnight Musings.

Then 2 weeks ago my friend, Pepper Cory, sent me an email to tell me she saw a quilt on ebay for sale that had my name on it as maker. I followed the link and was surprised to see the quilt I had sold. Bidding followed and after several up bids I finally bought my quilt back for $58.00.

Today the quilt arrived, still in good condition so I could tell it had been well taken care of for all those years. Now it is home again. I could have called this posting "Coming Home" or "Home Again" but in the end I thought there is no place like home! Thanks Pepper for taking the time to let me know about the auction. I am very happy to have this quilt back in my own collection.

1 comment: