Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Red Pepper Quilts

One of my quilting friends sent me a link to Red Pepper Quilts http://www.redpepperquilts.com/. They just featured a quilt they made using a fabric line called Sugar and Flour (referring to the printed sugar and flour sacks from the early part of the 20th century). They also used my new 6" Curvy Log Cabin Trim Tool www.jeanannquilts.com to make the blocks. Here is a photo of the full quilt and a detail. Red Pepper Quilts is a great blog for quilters. Check it out.


I don't know about any of the rest of you, but my mother made my summer play sets to wear out of flour, sugar and chicken feed sacks. I think mostly chicken feed because we lived in a rural area of Flint,  Michigan and we had a chicken coop and chickens. They were not for pets like today's backyard chickens, they were for eggs and Sunday chicken dinners. Who else had sunsuits out of printed sacks?

No comments:

Post a Comment