Thursday, May 1, 2014

FTU patterns

What are FTU patterns? They are "free to use" patterns posted on the internet by the major fabric manufacturers. The patterns are meant to tempt quilters to use their latest fabric collections. Here is a FTU pattern I designed for Benartex. The fabric collection is "Palm Springs" and it is a very "girly", and modern collection. http://www.benartex.com/?page=gallery-detail&collection=752


Barb Neiwert of Mountain Quiltworks used the pattern to make a quilt for her brother using jungle prints. Here is Barb's email to me....

Hi, Jean Ann - I thought I'd let you know that I made up a quilt using a pattern I found online, and much to my delight it was one of yours!  (We met in Hailey when I was a fresh quilter and did a couple of quilts for Janet for your last book.)

You can see photos of it on my blog here: http://mountainquiltworks.blogspot.com/2014/05/cozy-threads-of-love.html

To see the complete blog and all of Barb's great photos you will need to click on the link above and visit Barb's blog. She has several pictures of the quilt including details of the longarm quilting that she used to finish the quilt. It is well worth visiting Barb's blog to see the detailed photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment