Sunday, January 29, 2012

Winter Solstice

I am reading a book I somehow missed a few years back when it was published. Winter Solstice by Rosamund Pilcher. I am so enjoying it and recommend it if you want an uplifting story.

Here is a winter quote, one that appeals to me as I also love to work in the garden.

"Every Fern is tucked and set, 'Neath coverlet, Downy and soft and warm." 
Susan Coolidge

It is comforting to think that the plants that seem to die in fall and winter will come to live again when spring comes 'round bringing warmth and long sunny days. I do look forward to winter though, it is a wonderful time to really get into quilting new projects and to snuggling down under warm handmade quilts to read a good book, knit socks or just watch TV.

I found this website showing three beautiful art quilts with a winter's theme.

http://www.nancygcook.com/portfolio_winter.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment