Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sunshine and Sunbonnet Sleuth

Today's Quote:

A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition.
William Arthur Ward

It's another cloudy day here in Marietta, GA. So I have decided to bring some sunshine into my life by my own initiative. So I clicked on the NASA image of the day and found some glorious pictures of the sun taken from space. All of the images make great inspirations for art quilts. Here is the link, click it and prepare for a real fest for the eyes.


Then, as one thing leads to another, and as I was thinking sunny thoughts, it occurred to me that it is time to awaken the long slumbering Sunbonnet Sleuth and to start another mystery quilt project. It may take a week or two to launch (like a rocket) because I want to get all 4 or 5 steps done and ready to upload so they are ready to be put in place in a timely order.

As usual the mystery will be based on traditional blocks, but you can expect a bit of modern quilting to creep in for an up-to-date project.

I will keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing what you have come up with!! Just heard from Cis Dalton; she has been quilting her heart out the past few days. I have been quilting the "plain" blocks in my photo quilt and preparing the binding. :)

    ReplyDelete