Friday, November 13, 2015

Jolly good news

Now that I live in Washington DC and have to drive 30 to 40 minutes to reach a quilt shop that is only 12  miles and two interstate highways away, I order most of my fabrics from fatquartershop.com. It comes in a day or two and there is nothing like getting a package of fabric in your mailbox to brighten your day.

Their blog, Fat Quarter Shops Jolly Jabber found through this link fatquartershop.blogspot.com just listed their staff's favorite rulers...all by Creative Grids©. I was excited to see that Kimberly's favorite my very first ruler, the 8" Log Cabin Trim Tool. If you haven't visited the Fat Quarter Shop website, I recommend it. Also follow the blog, the Jolly Jabber for lots of good information for quilters.
Thanks Kimberly for loving my tool. I love your site for having my favorite fabrics just a mouse click away. 

Another favorite is the Stripology ruler by Gudrun Erla. I use this ruler to cut the strips for all my rulers. It has marks along the bottom of the ruler showing where to cut for 1-1/2" and 2-1/2" strips so I don't have to think when cutting these sizes, just slice at the square symbol or the star symbol. For 2" strips I can do the math, counting by 2's, a skill I acquired in 2nd grade. 

1 comment: