Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Studio Visit

Last week I decided to totally rearrange my studio so the space would work better for me. Here are the photos of the new arrangement. It took all day last Friday to shift the large, heavy, cumbersome pieces of furniture around. Then I had to refold and stack all the fabric on Saturday. Sunday a film crew from The Quilt Show came to film a studio visit. The segment will appear sometime after Nov 1, 2015. I will let you know when as soon as I know. It was an exciting event.
Step into my studio, this is how I store my fabric, Ikea cubes with fabric wrapped around my 8" Creative Grids© ruler, then slip off the ruler, fold in half and stack. Easy and efficient.
This is the first vignette you see when you enter the studio. My sewing table is in the center of the room with my computer in the corner by the window. The ironing station is between two windows looking over Connecticut Avenue (the view is mostly of the traffic). The quilt hanging over the ironing station is Columns and it is in my Curvy Log Cabin Quilts book. www.jeanannquilts.com
Another view of my sewing, shipping, computer station. The pie safe is my shipping department holding all of my Creative Grids© rulers. The Hoosier cabinet holds office supplies. The 3 quilts on the wall use my 8" log cabin rulers. The shelf over my computer holds some of my stitch birds that I have collected over the years. Jelly Rolls fill in the open spaces. Quilts are stacked everywhere.
Here is the cutting station. Notice the fabric stored neatly in boxes. Also the TV in the corner for entertainment and the rulers in their ruler racks so everything can be accessed easily. The log cabin quilt was made with my 12" Log Cabin Trim Tool and it is the cover of my second book,
Quilting A Circle of Ninewww.jeanannquilts.com
What was my dog Chloe doing while the entire studio was rearranged? Napping on the sofa of course. Here she is on her vintage quilt, resting her head on a vintage redwork pillow. Chloe always sleeps with her head on a pillow. Some days I wish I was Chloe. Except Chloe can't sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment