Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Capital Quilts Workshop

I had my first teaching gig at Capital Quilts in Gaithersburg, MD www.capitalquilts.com on Tuesday. The shop is the closest to my new home in Washington DC. And it is a very nice shop with lots and lots of fabrics, a Janome dealer to service my machine, the ability to rent time on their longarm quilting machine as I had to sell mine before I left Georgia. I am very lucky to find a quilt shop that meets all my needs and it is located so close to home. Another plus, the owner Alison, and the staff and other teachers are very friendly and welcoming.

I taught the Rainbow Swirls curvy log cabin project. In just 3 hours all of the participants managed to make 8 blocks. Of course they did their homework, coming with their fabric cut according to the supply list. They were ready and eager to rev up their sewing machines and start stitching after a short demo on how to sew the strips and trim the blocks.
Hilary is chain piecing her blocks
Feli and Pat are chain piecing their blocks
Feli is trimming her blocks

No comments:

Post a Comment