Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Another day...2 more quilts

Here are the quilts that were finished on Tuesday. Actually 3 quilts got their binding but you have to wait to see the big reveal of quilts 3 and 4. I got ahead of myself a little bit, by putting the binding on a quilt for scheduled for Wednesday.

Back to Tuesday. newly finished is Hex-A-Dizzy, named for Dizzy Gillespie the great jazz musician.

Tuesday afternoon the Ragtime quilt was bound. I have often said that when a quilt top is pieced together it is just a rag until it is quilted. This one especially looked like a rag before it went to my longarm quilter, Susan Bentley of www.suzquilts.com. Believe it or not it has only 3 different blocks to create the overall design. It may look complicated, but putting it together like a puzzle proves it very easy to make.
After making the hexagon blocks I realized the same jelly roll fabric collection was used for the hexagon quilt on the cover of my previous book, Jelly Roll Jambalaya. All I can say is this, "If you have a fabric you love, stick with it!" It looks like a winning hexagon duet. The first book is still available from my website www.jeanannquilts.com but supplies are getting low.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations.The cover caught my eye, stunning and love your fabric combo!!

    ReplyDelete