Thursday, March 15, 2012

Hummingbird Quilters

I had a wonderful day yesterday with the Hummingbird Quilters in Lagrange, Georgia. It was a day trip for an all day workshop on Circle of Nine quilts. There were 16 quilters in the workshop and they all came prepared with 9 quilt blocks, ready to make a quilt. They were enthusiastic and sewed with determination all day. Several quilters went home with a finished quilt top. The rest of them went home with a top well under way, just needing to add their spacers and borders. They plan to have a show and tell at their next meeting as a way to encourage everyone to finish.

The workshop is really rewarding when quilters tell me they have gone into their UFO pile and chosen 9 blocks they stitched last year, two years ago, and even five years ago. At last they are going to sew  the blocks into a quilt! What fun! From UFO to completed project.


Here is the quilt they like the best from the 5 quilts I took to the workshop. It is one of my quilts featured in the book I wrote with my sister, Circle of Nine

No comments:

Post a Comment