Monday, September 7, 2020

Star Gazing

Star quilts have always been a favorite. I have two star quilts I gave to my daughter to display when she worked at the Air and Space Museum. The first quilt I named Rock n Roll and it incorporates a center Log Leg Star block surrounded by a border of Four Patch blocks and a final border of paper pieced New York Beauty blocks. This quilt measures 54" x 54". 

The second quilt is 24" x 24", a mini. I named it Syzygy. This is a rare occurrence that is an opposition alignment of the moon and sun that produces abnormally high tides. I loved the way the word, syzygy sounded and was spelled so I made the quilt so I could use the name. A quilter moon and seven stars are appliquéd in th center and the corners of the first border are rays of the sun bursting out to the edges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment