Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Paper Piecing

Remember the days when paper-piecing was all the rage? It may no longer be "the rage" but it still has an important place in quilt making. There are some quilt projects that are simply better when paper pieced. Yesterday I was challenged to gather some info on offering downloadable PDF patterns on Etsy. I went deep diving into my vast inventory of quilts I designed while Editor-in-Chief of QUILT magazine. Sadly, QUILT has gone the way of many magazines and is now out of print. But I did save my files and patterns to use "someday". That day has arrived.
The Library Quilt
This is a miniature quilt, finished size is 26" x 26". The very small blocks are best when paper-pieced. The pattern is 8 pages long as each block is indeed a separate paper-pieced block. This is a great project to use up all those little scraps that you just can't bear to throw away. The piecing is perfect in each block due to the technique. The pattern is available in Etsy. You don't have to wait until the pattern arrives by USPS, you can simply pay, download, and start sewing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment