Thursday, June 11, 2020

Scrappy Pineapples

Let's make a pineapple quilt. Of course I have patterns and The Pineapple Salsa and Pineapple Salad are available in my Etsy shop. Just go to Etsy and search for Jean Ann Quilts for these two patterns. The Pineapple Trim Tool can be ordered from my shop in Etsy too. 

Pineapple Salsa is made with a precise color scheme layout. You must follow the directions carefully to make the alternating red and black blocks. Pineapple Salad is made with scraps placed in random manner. Just pull the next scrap out of your grab bag and stitch it to the next row.

Pineapple Salsa                            Pineapple Salad

And....from bright scraps, here is a quilt I made just because I couldn't quit making pineapple blocks.  I have lots and lots of scraps that needed to become a quilt. I selected yellow as my background fabric and used the darker hues for the pineapple pieces. The great thing about pineapple quilts is that you can pick any scrap and plop it in your block and it will look good.

Layout Diagram                         Pineapple Basic

The diagram that shows how to connect your blocks in row. You can add a simple border to complete your quilt. The instructions to make the blocks are included with your ruler. They are step-by-step with plenty of diagrams. I always make lots of diagrams because I rarely to read instructions, I like to look at the diagrams and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment