Monday, October 28, 2013

Sewing Expo - Ft Worth

The first Sewing Expo www.sewingexpo.com event in Ft. Worth was huge success. Everyone who attended had a great time taking workshops and shopping with the vendors.

Since I was teaching workshops and staffing a vendor booth to sell my books and trim tools. I found helpers for my booth (sight unseen). Leah Bowie and Joan Crittenden both showed up to work all day on Thursday while I was busy teaching. I had the best first day of sales ever and I sure wish I could take these two with me to Minneapolis next week.

Here is a note I got from Leah today:

"I enjoyed working for you and with you at the recent sewing and quilting expo in Fort Worth. Thank you for the Hexagon Trim Tool. I bought some material this week and finally had an opportunity to sit down and sew! I haven't sewn "for fun" in who knows how long. Thank you for the inspiration! I have attached a picture of my first three blocks that I have made.
Sincerely, Leah Bowie"


I love Leah's blocks and can hardly wait to see her finished quilt. Making hexagon blocks is sooooo easy with this new tool. I think I will abandon my computer for the rest of the afternoon and make a few blocks myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment