Monday, October 7, 2013

Sewing Expo - Fredericksburg, VA

This past week I taught workshops at the Sewing Expo www.sewingexpo.com in Fredericksburg, VA. It's a good thing it was over on Saturday afternoon...I just heard on the news that today, 8 October, Fredericksburg is having a tornado watch.

Of course having thousands of quilters arrive in town for a three day whirlwind of quilting, quilting, quilting, is a tornado of a different kind! At every sewing expo there are workshops, demonstrations, and lots of vendors showing the latest books, products, patterns, fabrics and tools. I was there with my best friend from high school managing my booth to sell my own books and the trim tools I have designed for Creative Grids®. To see the latest tools for quilters visit Creative Grids on facebook www.facebook.com/CreativeGridsUSA

Back to the workshops...I taught Lickey-Split Log Cabin, Easy-Peasy Pineapple and Free Motion Machine Quilting for Beginners. Each class was filled to capacity and what a good time we all had. Everyone was enthusiastic and willing to work hard to learn how to quilt small projects on their home sewing machines. Here are photos from the free motion workshop. Pat James, the Bernina educator who helped in the classroom sent these photos she took of everyone as they learned new skills to take home and practice, practice, practice. Remember quilters, fast needle – slow hands!




I am teaching the same 3 workshops in Birmingham, Alabama on October 10, 11 and 12. Then in Ft. Worth, Texas on October 17, 18 and 19, and lastly in Minneapolis on November 7, 8 and 9. I hope to see you in one of them. Here is the website to sign up: www.sewingexpo.com

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a super fun class. Will you be at Quilt Market?

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is TLCowboy looking for my Quiltie Girl, Jean Ann Eitel. We haven't chatted since 1996 and I'm looking to get in touch with her. I still use her quilt she gave me in the Autumn of 1996. Please email her if you know her address and have her email tlcowboy@aol.com. THanks! Tom

    ReplyDelete