Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Lightning Strikes!

Lately I have been doing a lot of Log Cabin Trim Tool demos. The result of all these demos is a huge stack of log cabin blocks begging to be sewn into a quilt. Here is a quilt I finished after the demo last month at Red Hen Fabrics in Marietta, GA. For convenience, I took the photo on my front porch swing. The quilt has 48 blocks.


This coming weekend I have two more demos. The first demo is at Tiny Stitches in Marietta. It is on Friday afternoon and Friday night. The second demo is at Red Hen Fabrics on Saturday. I am sewing 64 blocks to demo at Tiny Stitches and another 48 to demo at Red Hen. I will have enough new blocks for two more Log Cabin quilts. I know I am going to set the 64 blocks into the traditional diamond setting. I will play with the 48 blocks and maybe come up with something totally new as a setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment