Monday, July 23, 2012

Beginnings Quilt Shop Event

On Monday last week I stopped in the not yet opened quilt shop in Hendersonville, NC. They sold me some fabric so long as I could pay cash as their computerized cash register was not yet set up. Well, on Tuesday there was a teachers meeting and the shop owner told the teachers about my visit and that I would be returning in January to teach some classes. One of the teachers, Collette Kocinski, called me on Thursday, I returned her call Friday noon and agreed to meet with some of her quilting friends. It seems Colette had bought the book I wrote with my sister, Circle of Nine www.circleofninequilts.com. Collette and a few of her quilting friends have been making Circle of Nine quilts.

In less than 24 hours Collette set up an event at Beginnings Quilt Shop for Saturday morning and about 30 quilters showed up on short notice.

I demonstrated the Log Cabin Trim Tool and talked about my two books, Circle of Nine and Sashings and Settings www.jeanannquilts.com. Lynn, the happy shop owner, took orders for all and will have them for the grand opening of her shop the first week of August...an opening you must attend if you are in the area.
Jean Ann and Collette Kocinski

Jean Ann Demonstrating the Log Cabin Trim tool with shop owner, Lynn Easler and shop staff member, Debbie Beaver looking on.

Quilters who turned out for the demo on less than 24 hours notice. They were a great crowd and we had a fun time talking quilting and seeing the quilts many of them brought to share.



No comments:

Post a Comment