Monday, April 6, 2015

Done at last - Pineapple Rings

The Pineapple Rings quilt is finished at last. After I made most of the blocks I decided it was just too white and the "rings" didn't show enough. So I took off all the white corner triangles and replaced them with bright colors. Now you can see the Pineapple Rings clearly. My best memories of actual eatable pineapple rings are the Pineapple Upside Down cakes my mother used to make. It was one of her favorite family desserts.

I am not sure about the quilting. I think I should add some more quilting to the overall design. Look at the bottom of the quilt for the best view. Two of the rings show the most clearly in that row. 
The quilt design is easier to see in the quilt diagram that I created in Adobe Illustrator. Here it is....

I love doing quilts like this with subtle design elements that have to be "discovered" after carefully looking for the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment