Monday, March 31, 2014

Home at last!

Every weekend in March I was in a different city and state teaching workshops for the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo www.sewingexpo.com. What a great time I had! Quilters and sewists can choose a variety of classes taught by experts in the quilting and fashion world. There are fun fashions and creative quilts to see, and lots of vendors offering the latest in quilting and sewing tools, gadgets, embellishments, and patterns for sale.

I have started taking a vendor booth at the Sewing Expo events when I am teaching workshops. The first weekend in March I was in Hunt Valley, Maryland, then Duluth, Georgia, then on to sunny Lakeland, Florida, and finally last weekend in Schaumburg, Illinois. Here is my vendor booth in Schaumburg. I sell my Creative Grids® trim tools for log cabin, pineapple and hexagon blocks along with Cut Loose Patterns that support the tools.


The newest patterns are the Upstairs Downstairs Log Cabin (upper left corner), I Spy Hexies (2nd from right on bottom row), Cut the Cake Hexies (2nd from left on bottom row), and designed by Gudrun using the Log Cabin Trim Tool Two, Courthouse Lanterns (2nd from right on top row). The patterns are available and will be added to my website www.jeanannquilts.com later this week.

For awhile there I was not sure if I was coming or going with all the travel this month. But now I am home until the Spring Quilt Market in Pittsburgh the 2nd weekend in May, my grandson's wedding in Asheville, NC over Memorial Day weekend and then the Sewing Expo in Indianapolis the last weekend of May.

What will I do with two months of freedom? Sadly the first thing this morning I am off to the dentist. Once that's over I am going to tackle my garden. First a spring clean-up then planting. When I take a break from the garden I will, of course, be sewing and making fun new quilts that you can make too.

I have a new trim tool being introduce at the Spring Quilt Market in Pittsburgh. It's a big secret and we are planning a "huge reveal" at market. As soon as the reveal is over the 2nd big reveal will be on this blog...so watch for it in mid-May. Patterns will be available for the new tool and the quilts are really fun and exciting.

For now, it's off to the dentist. UGH...

1 comment:

  1. What happens to your Pug when you're gone all the time?

    ReplyDelete