Friday, September 13, 2013

A Family Affair

From time to time I divert from quilting to let you know what my daughter, Heidi Eitel, is doing as exhibits designer at the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum - http://airandspace.si.edu/. Today is the opening of a short, six week visit of Leonardo da Vinci's sketchbook featuring the page with his Codex of Flight. Heidi is checking out the lighting in the box. It has to be just right to deter fading that might cause damage to the centuries old sketchbook. It's all in a day's work and I am a proud mother as I see the interesting work my daughter is doing.



I plan to see the exhibit on December 13. I am teaching quilting workshops at the Fredericksburg, VA Sewing Expo - www.sewingexpo.com on October 10th and 11th. It is just a short drive from there to Washington DC on a Sunday morning to see this amazing sketchbook. What could be better, quilting, seeing my daughter and granddaughter and then seeing such an important artifact from antiquity all in one weekend. Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. What a great job your daughter has!!! We spent lots of time visiting the Smithsonian buildings when we lived in MD. Enjoy your visit :)

    ReplyDelete