Saturday, December 1, 2012

This blog has been silent for 3 weeks. Why? Because I have been living in a construction zone. My 100 year old house needed some repair work that became a minor renovation of the four front rooms to best accommodate the repairs. Yesterday, the contractor finished the painting in two rooms. I can now use one of those rooms. I have designated it the library. It opens into the living room with a lovely wide arch. My computer and watercolor desk will be in this room (pictures to come later).

In the midst of all the chaos I have been quilting. In fact, quilting has kept me sane as I wend my way through all the furniture and stuff that was moved from the front four rooms to be temporarily stored in the back four rooms. I have little pathways to the sink and stove, the bathroom, my bed and a teeny-tiny corner with my sewing machine set up...well you get the picture. Now some of those pathways are opening up.


Here is the library at 7:30 AM. This is the "before" picture. I will be working on putting the room together the room today and will post an "after" picture this afternoon. Expect that big bookcase to be filled with quilting books before I go to bed.

Sunday Afternoon
It took a bit more time than I thought, but by Sunday afternoon the bookcase was filled and my corner is ready for work. Here is how one corner of the new library is set up with my computer looking out the front window and my watercolor desk looking out the side window.


Chloe, the dog has her bed in front of the big bookcase. I have one empty shelf at the bottom for storage, and all my quilting, knitting, textile and gardening books are organized by interest and subdivided by topic or style like history, art quilts, technique, etc. Let's see how long they stay that way. The books stacked on their sides are too tall to fit in the shelves. At least quilting books have colorful spines. 

Notice all the Noah's Ark sets? These were in my den that is now my sewing room. The only place to display them...the new library. As soon as the sewing room is organized I will post photos and you will see my antique toy sewing and vintage stitch bird collections.


No comments:

Post a Comment